Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Gee Vaucher Interview

Wow dude's, this is an interview with the artist Gee Vaucher, famous for the doing the Crass record covers in the 1980's. As I've pointed out before Crass were a big thing for me when I was a lad after some lonely punk cashed in their back catalogue at Universal Records. In retrospect it was probably the covers that did it for me as the you could barely hear the songs on the fucked up vinyl.
Her stuff is pretty sick, pre Photoshop mashed up realism/dystopia painted collage-ness. My favourite is the the cover of 'Feeding of the 5000' , some fella carrying a Crass flag through a ploughed field, forever I thought it was a photograph. Whoopsie.
Anyway its nice for a minute to reminisce about the silly stuff I used to listen to and plus she seems like a nice lady, who's pretty collected now I think. The guy interviewing her is Gavin McInnes, one of the three founders of Vice and writer of the Do's and Don'ts, until he left last year to do this thing 'TV Carnage' with that twat Derrick Biggles or whatever his name is. I read that they are stopping the Do's and Don'ts soon, so I can stop worrying about my gear crisis'

No comments: