Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Post With A Point! At Last!


The point alluded to in the title being a teaser of some bands I'll be getting to see on the weekend of the 7th of December in cider country, UK. I'll post up a few mp3s of the bands I'm most jizzed up about seeing ...

A Hawk and A Hacksaw (complete with flashy website) peddle weird extreme Balkan folk tunes, and feature members with such pedigree as Jeremy Barnes (drummer from Neutral Milk Hotel). Here's a hyperactive tune called Fernando's Giampari.

Autolux are signed to a label founded by the Cohen Brothers, so it appears they're as good at music industry shenanigans as they are at film making, given the fact that Autolux are class. Here's a live track called Plantlife performed in Chicago in 2005. It's nervy and, god how I love it, distorted to the max.


And finally there's Francoiz Breut, who seems to be like a French female Tindersticks of some sort ... Here's the pithily titled Il N'y A Pas D'hommes Dans Les Coulisses ...


So it turns out I always post in threes? Huh. That's odd.

2 comments:

tugboat said...

lucky duck

ps what's a coulisse?

Messy Angelo said...

It there A No men In the Slides is what it seems to mean, via babelfish ... I wish I could still speak any French so I could laugh at how wrong that translation is. For all I know, it's 110% accurate.