Monday, June 04, 2007

K.K.K.

Don't they look excited?
I haven't gotten properly excited about a band in a pretty long time now so I'm pleased to report that these bunch of Germans manage to push all my buttons at once with some kind of large novelty hand. They've been churning out the hits since the mid-nineties knocking up six albums in total, here I present selections from their most recent pair of albums. For me this is music with no corners for when you're feeling a little cinematic, this kind of a cinematic rather than this kind of a cinematic. There are shades of the Dirty Three on micro-chips or micro-dots, maybe both, floating around in there and lots of other niceties too. There's just a kind of liquid quality to this music that i really really like, that and the spiraling sax playing.

Kammerflimmer Kollektief -Lichterloh [2005]

Kammerflimmer Kollektief -Hausen [2005]

Kammerflimmer Kollektief -Live at the Cactus Tree Motel[2007]

Also this tune I've been meaning to put up for a long time as I think it's such a great song on an album which seems at times to be the musical equivalent of a toilet. (Thats probably harsh and unfair)

Diane Cluck -Diamonds[2006]

[note: MegaUpload is being a bit persnickety but just persist I'm told]

2 comments:

Daithi said...

yeh liking that, suits the weather..

tomtom said...

nice