Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Monday Night Just Keeps on Rolling



I finally got around to deleting an old blog that I hadn't updated in half a year today, which shows wonderful levels of both laziness and absent-mindedness, and in looking back at what few posts I managed to publish it was striking that almost a quarter of them related to múm , an Icelandic electronic group whose soft beats and nonsensical lyrics soundtracked a large portion of my year. Coincidentally, a track off their next album, the first without former vocalist and Belle and Sebastian covergirl Kristín Anna Valtýsdóttir, has surfaced and is available here courtesy of Pitchfork. New album "go go smear the poison ivy" is out 24/09/07 and will hopefully be everything that it's predecessor wasn't. Their first two albums are instantly loveable records though and well worthy of anyone's time.


múm - Dancing Behind My Eyelids

No comments: