Monday, June 25, 2007

D.I.S.C.O.


I remember back when I had a social life, though it now seems an age ago, and an age away again. Now the summer life, which I once looked forward to so much as a break from the monotony of school life has inverted, consists mostly of work and is entirely devoid of any semblance of a social or recreational aspect or interaction with any human that has a c.d. collection that doesn't scream 'I am fourteen'. Despite of / because of this I've been listening to many a dancey tune and have a serious urge to hit a floor at some point in the foreseeable future.
If I have a point, it's that sometimes it's easy to get into a rut of average or poor nights out that result in little more than formulated fun, partly because of the nonsensical perception of a dearth of alternatives. Maybe a break is actually a good thing, in a way. Maybe.
Rant over.
The afore-mentioned gently - dancey tunes are plentiful and often quality these days. The new Justice album and mix are top, top banana. However, though It's the Beat's apperance amongst the teenagers remixes is wonderful, Simian Mobile Disco's album isn't really to my taste, at least on first listen. Hot Chip have updated their myspace too.

1 comment:

KickAcid said...

i hear ya buddy