Monday, April 16, 2007

Sweet Retro Lovin'


I've an essay to do and i've been up for an offensive amount of time now and, now that I'm nice and delerious, I've decided that this is the perfect time for a post that I've been meaning to get around to for a couple of weeks now. Instead of bothering to bring you something new, here's a few of my new favourite oldies, if you will.
Al Green is Al Green, and thus fabulous, and L.O.V.E. has been my favourite of his songs ever since I picked up the Orange Juice cover on holidays, Burt Bacharach's songwriting skills are shown off perfectly in 'Make It Easy On Yourself' and finally, but most importantly, the Jackson 5 did have one moment which matched the great 'Want You Back', and it's this little stomper, probably my favourite three and a half minutes of the 70's. Each one solid gold.

Al Green - L.O.V.E.


The Walker Brothers - Make It Easy On Yourself

Jackson 5 - The Love You Save

No comments: