Sunday, February 25, 2007

All of a Sudden We're on Conan O Brien Everyone!



A number of recent run ins with Explosions in the Sky's music at somewhat unexpected times (on Conan etc.) lead me to acquire their latest album ... and it's a banger, in so far as glacial and majestic music can be. I am the resident lover of post rock (Piaras knows and loves it more maybe, but I got there first and declared my residency so I get to be resident), so I feel obliged to share this lovely morsel of post rock luncheon meat off the new album, All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone. The tune is the arcing and glorious The Birth & Death of The Day, and it makes me want to curl up in front of their amps and let them explode my eardrums with sexy...

TUNE!

Plus they're playing All Tomorrow's Parties vs. the Fans, and as a ticket holder to said event I am damnably happy.

2 comments:

magooo said...

CHOON!

Dkln said...

diarmo, you would love Friday Night Lights, the TV series. its soundtracked by Explosions in the Sky and it also has snappy writing and heavily features FOOTBALL!!!1

check it out on alluc.org or on ITV4 at 8pm on Wednesdays if you have that channel...

oh and the video doesnt work

oh and TUNE!