Saturday, January 20, 2007

Broken But Brilliant


I was searching through my music collection recently (on my 'puter) and I ran into some Broken Social Scene tracks that I thought I should share ... BSS's densely layered catchy tunes are an uplifting part of my regular listening. One tune in particular is a version of Major Label Debut which they perform live. It's much faster than the original and is probably one of the only pieces of music I've heard live that I've thought "I'm going to shit pure joy" ... then they played Ibi Dreams of Pavement, which caused me to tear my shirt off. They certainly rocked my pants all three times I saw them in concert last year. Also Canada Vs. America from the bonus EP released with their self titled 05 cracker of an album is a track worth having, it's thick and creamy with layers and layers of sonic deliciousness.

Broken Social Scene - Major Label Debut (Fast)

Broken Social Scene - Canada Vs. America

I think Canada would win if it's a debate about the merits of their respective countries.

No comments: