Monday, October 09, 2006

Funk Off and Sunk My Cunk


Dathi's comments about Parliament sent me on a bit of a funk kick this morning, which ended with me listening to this little gem... While I wouldn't really call it pure funk, it is pretty fuckin funky. Also it's nice to have a reminder that the year that I was born (1984), cats were scratching up bits of vinyl in an innovative way. I want the bassist's synth pedal. I'm still not convcinced that that Global Goon track is just a basic funk track though Daithi. Input very much appreciated though mate.

5 comments:

Daithi said...

ah ok I shouldnt have called it basic! but it is a pretty straight forward funk style they are playing underneath, i have stuff on 7inch that sounds very like it form the early 70s. Its kinda no frills and showmanship stuff coming out of the southern soul style, lot of new prleans based stuff and all that. I'll dig out some titles durign the week and see if I can get any online.

did you know that at this time Herbie Hancock says he was just trying to do what Kraftwerk do? cool track. god I'm old I was 16 and break dancing when this came out!!!! not sure Letterkenny was ready for it tho....


check out my blog at http://www.andparts.blogspot.com

deklin said...

that Hancock video is pure gold. did you ever see the collaboration he did with Thomas Dolby and a few other guys at some Award Show? its on YT somewhere.

i dont know if id call it funk though, it sounds more like electro-pop with a hip-hop beat (although a hip-hop beat then, woulda been called a funk beat i suppose).

robvanhalen said...

ah christ ive stopped listening to music, now. who gives a while hole. from now on i will only listen to the music made when a man is raped with a branch. fuck sakes

Daithi said...

been drinking have we? :-)

KickAcid said...

class rob.