Saturday, October 21, 2006

Funk Carioca is the new punk rock...


...and matching tracksuits are a must.
plus, i didn't want to post anything after Brian's last post...but:

  1. It's been a good week. I got to see Datarock on Wednesday and Bonde Do Role on Thursday (both for free!). Datarock were the crazy, dancing, red hooded tracksuit wearing Norwegians i expected and Bonde Do Role were simply amazing, the most fun EVER! Marina spent more time writhing on the ground and dancing with the normal folk than on stage and she crowd surfed for the first time since breaking her arm crowd surfing. DJ Gorky played all the hits too and I just couldn't help smiling the whole way through.. Everyone missed out, such a small crowd.
    Also, nialler9 was there.
    Some tracks that have been on every blog already:
    Datarock - Fa Fa Fa
    Bonde Do Role - Melo Do Vitiligo
    Cansei De Ser Sexy - A La La (DJ Gorky Remix)

  2. Did I say Roland Pemberton aka Cadence Weapon is my favourite rapper? After a finished but scrapped concept album about "housing" (yeah, I don't know how that would work either) he's releasing an album of party tracks about hipsters, in a "Basement Jaxx" stylee, in the first quarter of next year. I always see him in my neighbours on last.fm, so we're practically best buds too. Here's some tracks from his album Breaking Kayfabe that was released December last year.
    Cadence Weapon - Black Hand
    Cadence Weapon - Sharks
    Cadence Weapon - Vicarious

  3. You can download a slightly different version (turbo) of the new M.I.A. track on Diplo's myspace now and Diplo's forthcoming release on Uppercuts "shhake it up" (<---listen to it on their myspace) is incredibly essential for any party.

  4. There's an Institubes blog now (for a while it would seem).

    There might be a point 5 at some stage, I feel like I'm forgetting something, possibly on youtube but it's being a bitch right now.

    Edit: It could have been this:

  5. I think this is the best free tv show site I've seen.

3 comments:

Shane said...

Wow, what an amazing post. Those tracks are blowing my mind.

magooo said...

full disclosure: i told him to say that.

loving the blog shane.

Daithi said...

the uppercuts- the jive bunny its ok to like