Saturday, September 23, 2006

Godspeed You! Side-Projects


First off, that's a truly awful title to start a post off with, but I'll get to that later.
I'm having one of those days, sitting round the house getting fat. I thought I was working today. Turns out I wasn't.
So today I've been trawling through a lot of old records I ain't listened to for a while and stumbled across some gold to soundtrack my bittersweet hangover.

And... I fondly found this gem to throw on your tape deck:
1-SPEED BIKE - There Is An Oil Tanker Named Condoleeza Rice
One for all those who enjoy manic high speed breakcore thats too sloppy to be breakcore. This track manages to channel wrong musics chaos while namechecking Arman Van helden-esque stabs. From the lovely album El Gallito
on the rather good Broklyn Beats label.

Oh yeah, and about that bad title, 1-Speed Bike is the side project of Aidan Girt, drummer of the wonderful Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

(That track is in the iTunes file format, so get a converter if you enjoy your media played Windows-style.)

1 comment:

magooo said...

shit. thats hot.